Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Just musings

Hey--singing along with songs you know, even if just in your mind and not out loud (cuz nobody wants to hear my voice--even me) is just a great way to lift the spirits. Currently, I'm listening to the Beatles Revolver album. Is it still and album on cd? I think so, so that's what I'm callin' it, no matter what.

"Good Day Sunshine" is currently playing. So much fun, so many memories. Thanks, guys. I mean to 'the boys' of course. Last Wednesday, I watched the Paul McCartney special on PBS (he got the Gershwin Award for popular music, if you didn't know). The concert was great and included many other talented performers other than McCartney himself. It was great to see and hear so many people having a great time at the White House and just having fun instead of politicaly bickering. Just proves that music does indeed have the power to soothe people.

The only other thing I would've loved to have seen more of was the concert at the Library of Congress itself. They apparently did tape bits and pieces of it, because you can see parts of it online at PBS.org, along with a wonderful interview with Paul himself.

Of course, watching it online was great because I could then go to the McCartney website and catch up on all the other things going on right now. Apparently, fans who went to Ringo Starr's concert last week at Madison Square Garden got a great surprise because who should show up to wish his friend and former bandmate a Happy Birthday, but --tah-dah--Paul. I wish I'd been a fly on the wall, or a little mouse--but, you get my drift. It must've been wild, because several others showed up, as well!

Where was I? Oh, yes. So, this explains why the Beatles are currently playing on my cd player--very loudly, I might add!

It's a good thing I'm by myself until after 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment