Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

What not to do with spare time

O.K. I really like having the evening off and am looking forward to tomorrow when I will be off all day long. No having to get up early (I probably will anyway, tho.), no having to take kids to school, no having to get ready to go to work.

What I will do will probably be pretty boring, tho. My day off usually goes something like this--library, grocery shopping, Facebook, e-mail, cooking or baking something because I have time. Eat too much.

Enough, already! I WILL do SOMETHING different!! O.K.--maybe football. Who am I kidding? Maybe? Make that DEFINITELY! Even if only t.v.--not live. I did go to a high school football game tonight. I haven't done that in awhile. O.K--I admit it--my granddaughters were involved. I missed it tho, because nobody told me they were going to run on the field. If I wouldn't have gone on Facebook, I never would've known. Totally not a good thing. If I would've known, I would've gone. Of course, it could've been they didn't want me to know. That is a possibility. I just got the distinct impression that nobody told me on purpose. Maybe they thought I was working, though. Or, maybe (and this is ENTIRELY possible, trust me) I was told and just forgot about it. Knowing me, this is a distinct possibility.

That said, I did eat something different than a grilled cheese sandwich (my usual dinner when home alone). The pizza I picked up after work was still yummy. Plus, I have plenty left for dinners the rest of the weekend. The dessert I made--not as good as I wanted. Homemade chocolate almond ice cream got icy--yuck. I am leaving it out to thaw a little. Will find out if its as bad as I think it is.

Tomorrow, I also want to take a walk. I really need to start walking regularly again. It helps me clear my head and lose weight. Pants getting too tight--need to walk and walk often. The funny thing is, I almost walked to the game tonight. Next time its at Mishawaka, I will. It really isn't that far and would do me good. Maybe I'll walk to the high school tomorrow and see how long it takes me. Also, there is a great sale tomorrow for the Junior League. Maybe I'll go there.

Then--football. GO IRISH!

2 comments:

  1. lisa didn't find out that the girls were gonna run onto the field until the night before and the only reason i went was because i had picked up paige after school to visit grandma helen... you realy didn't miss anything, they didn't do any cheers, they just ran across the field, stood with the mhs cheerleaders while the big boys ran onto the field and then lisa went down and picked them up. no real reason for the girls to be there at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well mother, no one told you because - like Vicki said, I didn't find out until Thursday night and all they did was run onto the field. I didn't even know if they were running onto the field at halftime or the beginning of the game. Had I not paid $5 to get in I would not have stayed for the game.

    ReplyDelete