Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2009

Me, Walking for Exercise?

I can't believe I'm actually loving my new exercise routine. About a month or so ago, I started walking w/my daughters. They started it--they walked the 5k for Summerfest in Mishawaka. Before that, they practiced. After the 5k, I started walking with them. I had forgotten how much I liked it. Once a year, I walk the March of Dimes walk for babies with my Macy's co-workers. I usually practice for a couple of weeks before the walk, just to get in shape (and so I don't collapse, of course.)

Okay--so I started walking with my kids a couple of weeks before another 5k walk. We ended up walking it on August 1st (along with some other friends). Our time was pretty great--we finished in about 58 minutes. Whenever possible, my girls and I walk in the evening, after the sun goes down. It's much cooler and we can take our time.

Whenever I can't join my kids, I decided to walk alone in the mornings when it is still cool enought that I will probably not die. Usually, I walk about 1 1/2 to 2 miles. Last Friday, I decided to walk the 5k substitute route that my youngest daughter mapped out in my neighborhood. I was pretty good--I thought--until this morning. Last Friday, I made it in about the same time as our timed 5k. This morning, I did it in 48 minutes. I cannot believe it!

If I don't die--I'll probably go to work this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll make it until 10 tonight and won't collapse until I get home around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment