Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Early, Early, Early Morning

I can't believe how ridiculous my sleep habits are getting. I mean, just because I had to get up early yesterday doesn't mean I always have to get up, does it? Of course, I did actually get to bed early again (due to being exhausted from getting up so early) but why am I wide awake at 3:15 this morning, too. Granted, 24 hours ago I was actually driving to work. That's amazing to me! The fact that I am now sitting at my computer at 4 a.m. is crazy. However, I will probably not even stay up thru tonight's football game. It doesn't even start until around 8:30, I think, so I will probably be asleep again by that time.

The crowds were crazy yesterday, but it actually seemed more manangeable than in the past. We had employees who were just bagging yesterday--a great idea! If we can keep this up, this year should be fairly calm. We really only had one rude customer yesterday. This was because another clerk (oops--I mean sales associate) bent the rules a bit and gave a discount that they shouldn't have. Naturally, the customer demanded the same from my co-worker who was then deemed rude because she simply pointed out that a mistake was made by the other associate. Really, people--YOU NEED TO LEARN TO READ YOUR DAMN COUPONS! Seriously, the first person who acts like that customer did will be told no. I'm really sick of the "customer is always right" attitude. If you are always right, you must be a robot.

But--that was, as I said, only one customer. Out of all the people we took care of yesterday--only 1! The day was really, really, fun and the customers were absolutely terrific! Also, my co-workers rock! I think that they all deserve some kind of award for doing this each and every year. Mostly for having a sense of humor and fun. If any of them are going to read this--(and some will), I want you all to know you made my day by just being you! We laughed much, much more than we cried. Even if some of us were still sleepy by the end of the day. Maybe we should fire up one of the coffeemakers. Hmmm--that's a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment