Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vacation Time Again

TGIW! Time for my second vacation. This time, I planned it around Mishawaka's annual Summerfest celebration. In the past, I always wanted to go to the entire event, but always managed to have to work one of the nights and at least one of the days. Summerfest is only 2 days long, starting on Friday and ending Saturday night. There are carnival rides and things to do for kids, crafts, food vendors, fireworks and outdoor concerts.

This year, I am on vacation, so I won't miss anything. Plus, my company (Macy's) doesn't allow us to take our vacation one or two days at a time, so I had to take today and tomorrow off as well. Since the temperature is going to be in the 90s today, my granddaughters and i plan to go to the splashpad at Merrifield park this afternoon. It's free and shady (which technically should be cooler), so it's a great place to go. They also like the playground, so should have fun.

I'm taking my camera and I hope to get a lot of pictures, too.

Here's to great family time!

My next vacation isn't until OCT. Alas--it will be cooler weatherwise, so no outdoor picnicking :( I plan to go to ND for a football game then :) The ticket is a combination birthday/anniversary gift from my husband. He doesn't like football, but knows I love ND football, so he gets me one every year.

Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment