Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bills,Bills, bills

I've got to try to find a new job that pays better than this one. The trouble is, I'm not actually good at much. I've worked retail for so long, don't want to spend the money to go back to school and learn something else (can't afford it anyway), and don't know what to do. I just got my heating and gas bill for the past 2 months and it is RIDICULOUS! What I don't understand is that I was supposedly on the "budget plan" which is supposed to be cheaper and easier to do. Then, the 'budget amount' went up for a couple of months (when it was SUPPOSEDLY GOING TO STAY THE SAME FOR AT LEAST A YEAR!!) and everything went nuts! Now, the amount is almost twice what I originally owed. WHY?. We are being held hostage by NIPSCO because, there is no other company to buy our natural gas from. What a ripoff!

At least I still have a job! What do people who are out of a job do? Any suggestions out there? I am beginning to wonder where this is all going to end. Too bad we can't live without our utilities. I would so love to try not using heat or electricity from these companies for a month, just to see what would happen to the bill.

There--I feel better. Sorry to rant so much.

When I think about it, it seems like the only 2 good things I have right now are my kids and my workplace (due to friends there--not working per se). Lately work is my social life. Since Tuesday is Sherry's birthday, I think I will make something special on Monday and take it in (She won't be there Tuesday and neither will I). On Saturday next week, I will definitely go to Meredith's graduation party. These 2 events amongst all the other funny, crazy stuff we do to keep our spirits up. We have the most FUN group at Macy's. Luv them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment