Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day weekend Sunday

I just finished watching youtube. The semifinals of Britains Got Talent was on and I just had to watch Susan Boyle. If this isn't a hoax, she is wonderful. Not to say it is a hoax, but she is just wonderful. She might look like an ordinary everday Scotswoman, but inside--Supervoice. She inspires just by being herself. Nothing flashy, just a beautiful voice. Of course, she did happen to sing 2 of my favorite songs, so I admit I'm a little prejudiced.

It just goes to show you--all of us have hidden talents (or maybe, not so hidden) and when we take advantage of those talents, good things come of them. Or, at least good things should come of them.

Today, I got a lot done at home. I mowed my lawn, weeded, played a little bit with my granddaughters and made dinner. I used the rhubarb growing in my own backyard and made rhubarb crunch. It's so good fresh. Also, fixed the rest of the fresh asparagus from my daughter Vicki's house and Spanish Rice with hamburger. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment