Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 5

I'm still getting adjusted on this my 5th full day with a new smile. I had to have an adjustment today--hopefully once the swelling goes down all the way the bottom will get better. It already seems to fit better since the adjustment this afternoon.

I am also spending my time watching movies that I want to see. However, I watched "Burn After Reading". Totally ridiculous take off on spy movies. Almost everyone dies in the end. The Cohen Bros. did it with some really big names who played totally against their usual characters. I found some of it funny, most of it stupid.

I'm going to watch "Rachel Getting Married" tomorrow. I like Ann Hathaway and it looked good--she's also playing against type. The only other things I've seen her in are 2 Disney things and "Devil Wears Prada". This seems like a stretch for her, which is probably a good thing. To play the same type of character over and over again is boring.

The other thing I did today is read my youngest daughter's blog. I was surprised to find one about the play I did at Notre Dame last month. After 30 some years, I finally appeared onstage again. I loved the whole experience! It was a small part, something I could handle, and I got to go to 2 of my most favorite places--any theater, onstage and Notre Dame! I thought I would be too nervous, but it really felt like going home. I am definitely planning on doing it again. There is a production at our local theater--South Bend Civic, that I'm thinking seriously of auditioning for. It would take more time and more work, but it's a play I've always loved. I actually did a scene from it about 36 years ago when I was at IUSB. The only thing is, it would probably be hard to do because of my work schedule at Macys. still, it's something to consider.

My family will really be amazed if I did a whole show. Still, once i got my feet wet, I definitely wanted to do it again. I two of the women who have worked with South Bend Civic for many years, so I wouldn't actually be working with strangers. That reminds me I really should e-mail my contact info to Margie Davis. I told her I would give it to her, but I forgot about it. I think I still have her e-mail. Margie has directed plays at South Bend Civic for many years and also performed in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment