Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2009


It worked! This is the first time I uploaded an image for my blog. Success! The dog is my youngest daughter's. Her name is Rockne Lou (can you tell we LOVE ND Football?) She's great dog! I told Vicki that this looks like her I'm being a watchdog pose. Now I'll have to take a picture of my other "granddog" Daisy and my "grandcat" Lex.
My first day back from vacation wasn't too bad. They actually paid me to stand around quite a bit today. Our business is sooo slooow. The only people in today did returns and checked prices for tomorrow's actual sale. One woman seemed upset that we can't give her tomorrow's sale prices and extra discount today--since she drove "all that way" is actually going to have us ship the items to her that she has on hold. Unless she manages to come back, that is. She has the sale coupon and book, but DIDN'T READ THE DATE ON THE COUPON. I can't tell you how many times this happens. People really need to learn to pay attention and read. Some people didn't actually receive any sale flyers, so they are off the hook if they came in today. They did take the coupon I gave them. Let's hope the come back tomorrow or sometime this weekend.
Then, there are the people who come in with the previous sale books and want the same sale prices or the same items available. Or, the ones who come in the last hour of the last day of the sale and complain because we are sold out of an item (usually cheap, ugly bedding) that has been on sale for the past 2 or 3 days. They always, always, ask the same question "Why don't you have any left"? I SO want to say "Because there are other people besides you who want the ugliest $39.99 comforter in the world."
Geez!! I love retail!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcia,
    I Love the blog, hey should we Twitter too?? LOL!! I will write down those sites for you and bring them tomorrow. I'm not going to comment about our life in retail, since I was at work til 9 when I was going to leave at 8 I don't think I could get thru the comment without saying a naughty word, actually a string of naughty words, I need a virtual drink from Facebook. Wish I had a life, LOL!

    ReplyDelete